Quaggy have always seen the value and been committed to recruiting volunteers. Throughout our history volunteers have been involved in:
- working side by side with early years practitioners
- organising and running fundraising events
- consulting with the community on the services they want
- running our allotment and growing with the children
- working on fun days, AGMs and carnival events
- working on a befriending families scheme
- and many other ways to improve the lives of local families
The pandemic obviously influenced our use of volunteers and up until then we held yearly award ceremonies to celebrate all the volunteers that have worked with us.
Of course, volunteering has a positive effect on the volunteer, and we have seen many local people develop and move on to gain employment, attend further education and even start working with Quaggy.
We want to start developing our volunteers again. There are many opportunities to get involved. We want to develop our Parent Forum and believe that engaging with local people in this way is essential to connect with our community.
We are excited to be running an accredited Volunteer course that will be starting at Quaggy on 30th September 2022. This accredited course is run by Academy Training who specialise in training for parents in Children’s Centres.
If you or someone you know like to enrol you will be taught in a wide range of skills to enable you to become a successful children’s centre volunteer. On completion of the training you will receive a college certificate. The training is free and a free crèche is provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity and spaces are limited.
What will it be like?
The training is relaxed, informal and fun.
The topics covered include:
- The role of the volunteer
- Values, attitudes and boundaries
- Safeguarding awareness
- Equality and diversity
- Domestic abuse awareness
- Involving parents in children’s centres
- Listening and communication skills
- What next?
Don’t miss out on this opportunity. To book your place, please contact The community team on 020 8465 9785