Quaggy are celebrating World Breastfeeding Week. Breastfeeding provides the best start for a child in life.
Some of the benefits of breastfeeding are:
- your breast milk is perfectly designed for your baby
- breast milk protects your baby from infections and diseases
- breastfeeding provides health benefits for you
- breast milk is available for your baby whenever your baby needs it
- breastfeeding can build a strong emotional bond between you and your baby
Breastfeeding has long-term benefits for your baby, lasting right into adulthood.
Any amount of breast milk has a positive effect. The longer you breastfeed, the longer the protection lasts and the greater the benefits.
There can however be some issues that parents face when breastfeeding. Greenwich West Children’s Centres realise this and facilitate support for parents within Sherington and Quaggy Children’s Centres.
Our regular Friday group running at Quaggy Children’s Centre has been running for many years, providing essential support for new mothers and their families. No matter what your concern is or if you just want to come and chat about breastfeeding, our friendly group will welcome you.
You can find out more about the group and download a flyer with all the details here.
You can also watch a video explaining about the group and what it can help with by clicking this link.